Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Haiku For Me and Haiku for You

As many of you know, haiku are my favorite form of poetry to write and read.  So much is packed into a small frame.

I started this blog adventure almost one year ago.  And what a year it has been.  I've tried to capture my favorite moments with my favorite people in the haiku below.  Thank you to all of you beautiful people who have travelled this journey with me.  I love you and appreciate all of you.


-Noho Snow-

Our footsteps outlined
Snow makes chalk paintings of shoes
La petite mort night




-Ezra-

Open window joy
A poet's heartbeat waiting
If he fell, he'd fly





-Spring-

Buds stir underground
Beauty presses against earth
Waiting to break free






-You and Me and Rainbow-


Rain and Sun mingle
Warm arms incubate our hope
Birthing us naked





-Mollie-

Fearless bravery
Mother hen rests on her nest
Stirring life in shells









-Blueberries-

Laughing children play
Balloons bounce horizon-bound
My music carries sun




-Colorado-

Sun dances shadow
Lonely nestles under pines
Hearts tread miles in sky









-Wildfire-

Orange hazey sunset
Blaze burns wild abandon
Horses gallop war






-Moab-

Balloon shadows ground
Wind stills heavy breathing calm
Rush of heat, fly higher

-Primary Colors-

Never have I seen
Colors take flight in morning
Moon smiles at me





-Wings-

Arms extending far
From my heart, I touch the sky
Rumi would be proud










-Husbands-

Baby strength abounds
Liberation is found in
Homely desert jails



-Red Clay-

Soft red powder stains
Dirt under nails to bring home
Treasures meant for me





-Tracks-

You brought her back home
Tearing my heart wound open
How dare you, asshole

No comments:

Post a Comment